Spring Volcanic Garlic
First Fresh Garlic of the Season in the Entire United States!!!From our friends farm in Baja, California Delivered by our Customized Bus
Our friends’ family have been growing this Silverskin variety of garlic for generations. Ajo Morado, may have come to the Baja via the Spanish Conquistadors. Or, another theory is that Phillipino fishermen under Spanish rule in the 1800’s brought the seed along with the knowledge of how to braid this exceptionally keeping garlic (braids can last up to a year with excellent flavor!) to the Baja on their ships. Either way, it is great fun to speculate the origins of this superior softneck.
For 6 years, we have helped harvest, clean, and braid this garlic that is grown using all organic practices in a pristine valley which floods every year supplying new, rich, mineral-laden volcanic soil. Grown in an exceptionally healthy environment entirely by hand in a field far removed from any roads or industry, this garlic defines organic. The rich purple striping of this ajo morado is so intensified by the trace minerals in the volcanic soil, its beauty rivals the flavor!
We travel to the Baja annually to farm in this beautiful valley with our friends and distribute this exceptional prize to the people across the western United States.
Benefits of Volcanic Garlic
- This is the first fresh crop of garlic in the USA each year!
- Lasts up to a year. Won’t sprout ever, and won’t dry out for almost a year from harvest in mid April.
- Grown sustainably, naturally and using all organic methods (though not certified). Chemically free of pesticides, insecticides and herbicides.
- Grown all by hand in a very pristine valley far removed from all industry, roads and population base of any kind.
- Grown in volcanic soil with loads of trace minerals. Watered with delicious sweetwater from deep within a mountain oasis.
- Supports small-scale sustainable agriculture for our family and many others, bought and sold fora fair price.
- Brought to you directly by the farmer in a modified school bus running on diesel/hydrogen fueled engine equipped with a solar panels.
- Oh, and of course it’s taste…… Volcanic Garlic will blow your mind!